Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Come to the "Passion for Pastel Exhibit" reception this Friday!

The Waverly Artist's Group Gallery in Cary, NC invited me to participate in a "Passion for Pastel Exhibit"...my first invitational!  I've included two pastel paintings "The Picnic Place" and "Leading the Way". 

"The Picnic Place", pastel, 16x20"©Kim Werfel, $650
 
 
"The Picnic Place" is a view down my block where my neighbors and I have picnics now and then.
 
"Leading the Way" is from a photo taken of a doe and her fawn right outside my window...
 
 
"Leading the Way", pastel, 19x15"©Kim Werfel, $540
 
 
Both are personal favorites of mine...but I decided I should show them...if the right person responds it's meant to be :)  I've made cards and prints of Leading the Way just in case.
 
A surprise bonus third painting may be shown if there's room...so I may have "Rooster and his Chicks" there too!
 

"Rooster and his Chicks", 14x18", ©Kim Werfel, $450
 
The show will also feature works by Christine Berndt, Vinita Jain, Wendy Musser and Lori White, all fellow members of the Pastel Society of North Carolina and excellent artists.  The show runs from August 28th - September 24th.
 
Should be a beautiful show, so come on out to the reception this Friday, August 31st from 6-9 pm.  It's a full moon, so everyone should be up for a good time!!
 
Hope to see you there!
 
Kim
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment