Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chapel Hill News Article

Today's Chapel Hill news has an article about the ArtsCenter of Carrboro's upcoming annual faculty/staff art exhibition where I'm quoted and my piece "Heading for Safety" is featured!

The work depicts a Doe with her very young fawn...a scene from my window last Spring. I have giclee prints available (only $48) and $3 blank art cards too!

So I'm alright with selling her....to the right person! :)


"Heading for Safety", pastel (museum glass) 16x13", $400


I chose this piece to exhibit as it symbolizes being lead or taught....which is what teachers do....It
also shows my newer style of pushing color intensities and my favorite subject matter: animals.

Fear, procrastination and perfectionism stifles many people from trying an art class. Art is something you have to work at, like anything else, one doesn't master it in one class. But it can open up a whole new world of self-expression as does learning music or writing. Very satisfying for the soul.  

I'll be teaching "Introduction to Pastel Painting" - Class 3018 held for 6 Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm 7/24 - 8/28/12.  I offer encouragement along with solid information on how to grow.

Information about the class can be found here.   Materials list for this class is here.
Class costs $108 for ArtsCenter members, $120 for non-members.  This class can be an elective for The Artist at Work Certificate Program.

Easy On-Line Registration for my class can be found here.  (The ArtsCenter puts on wonderful music venues and theatre so don't be confused when it's calls your purchase "tickets".)

This Friday's Teacher Art Reception is from 6 to 9 pm at the ArtsCenter of Carrboro's Lobby. I'd love to see you there!

Questions about classes?  Talk to me...Email me here

Lots to digest in this blog....but wanted to get the word out!

Have a great day!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment