Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Twins on the Tour!

"Twins" 24"x30", pastel

I painted this commisssion in July 2010 and just retrieved it to display during the Chatham Artist Studio Tour I'm in the next two weekends in December (3&4 - 10&11) from 10am-5pm. 

Usually I'm critical of work that I haven't seen in a while, but I am so proud of this piece and the boys in it!
Adopted from Vietnam by two wonderful parents, they wanted to capture them at this precious 3 year old stage.  What an honor! So I went to meet them and took hundreds of photos....settling on a photo of them interacting and ignoring me with the camera.  Much thought went into the composition, light/dark and warm/cool balance as well as color intensity and soft edges.  But especially the mood and energy of them.

I'd love you to come to my house and see me and my work on the tour :) see the map at this link http://www.chathamartistsguild.org/map/map.html or just mapquest me at 120 Creekwood, Pittsboro, NC  27312.  Open from 10-5.

Hope you can make it, I'd love to see you.

Thank you for viewing my art.

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment