Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Dante's Fawn" pastel is juried into Small Treasures Art Exhibition

My neighbor Dante pulled over when I was walking my dog last Spring to tell me about the new fawn on our block.  Of course, I had to paint him.....deer have a place in my heart, especially the new little fawns.


"Dante's Fawn", 5 1/2 x 7 1/2", pastel, $150 ©Kim Werfel

Unlike most of my work, this little fella is only 5 1/2" x 7 1/2", with a terracotta underpainting.  I submitted him to the 7th Cary Gallery of Artist's "Small Treasures" Juried Exhibition and got in!

Reception is Friday, March 25th from 6-9pm at the Cary Gallery of Artists, 200 South Academy Street, Cary, NC.  Show runs through April 23rd.  Gallery hours are Monday - Saturday 11- 5:30pm, and final Fridays 11-9 pm.

Would love to see you at the reception!

Kim

www.kimwerfel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment