Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Swans

This piece is from a photo I took at Apex Park, NC a few years ago.  I love that park and used to walk a path around a large man-made pond, about a mile and a half long.  Finally had a free moment to paint something for me instead of a commission (not that I'm complaining!)  The result is this piece....which I'll call Swans for lack of something better...


"Swans" pastel, 19"x12"©KimWerfel

This is painted on La Carte pastel paper...a paper I seldom use, but am finding I really enjoy.  You cannot underpaint on La Carte, but it comes in some really lovely colors.  I pushed the color on this one...something I find myself doing more and more.  I wanted to create that luminous light that glows....to make the swans almost magical.

I plan to do another piece featuring one swan alone.  This may wind up being in a local show, as many are coming up this holiday season.

Thank you for following my blog..

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment