Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Jackson - Newest Dog Portrait


Today I sold a dog portrait that is to be a surprise for my client's niece.   The seventeen year old dog is named Jackson, and has been the inseparable companion for this woman.  Her uncle commissioned me a while back, and I'm happy to have it for him to give to her soon, as the dog is ailing.





This portrait is done on an archival suede mat board....a first for me!  It was a risk painting on it for a commission, but it turned out beautifully.  I discovered you couldn't erase on it!  This made me work more carefully and deliberately for sure.  I love the way this surface takes soft pastel...especially my Unisons.  I did use some pastel pencil around the eyes and some harder pastels too.  Exciting experience for me that paid off.  The client loves it and is taking it to be framed.  I can't wait to hear from him how his niece reacts.

This is why I love painting pet portraits....so much love involved!

best regards,

Kim Werfel

Contact me about a pet portrait at k-e@mindspring.com.  See more work at www.kimwerfel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment