Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

"Queen of Swords"

Wanting to paint something different....my friend posed for me with her fencing equipment this Summer.  So many good photos....I particularly liked her expression in this one..


"Queen of Swords", pastel, 24"x18"©Kim Werfel


She reminded me of the Tarot Card...the "Queen of Swords".  Her confident gaze seems to make one wonder what she's thinking.  I think this has a rather otherworldly look...almost like a female superhero of sorts.

Part of the Tarot interpretation "a woman who is intensely perceptive, quick and confident in all she does....a woman of strong character..."

This was fun to paint and has encouraged me to do more portraits that have strong personality!

I plan to have this painting in the exhibition at Central Carolina Community College in Pittsboro for the 20th Chatham County Studio Tour this December 1 &2, 8 & 9.   The reception for the show will be on November 30th from 7-9pm.  The artwork will be on display there Dec 1st & 2nd and will be in my home for the 2nd weekend of the tour (Dec. 8th & 9th).

I'd love for you to come to the reception and the tour!   For your map and info click HERE

You'll have a great time, so mark your calendars!

best to you all,

Kim Werfel

www.kimwerfel.com



No comments:

Post a Comment