Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fire and Ice

"Fire and Ice", pastel, 10 3/4 x 18 1/2

So rare for me to see a Buck.  The hunters kill them all off...which saddens me so.  I photographed this handsome young buck from far away with a zoom lens...cropped in tight to his trusting face and played with color keeping values and temperature in mind. 

As my muse dictated, I changed the background to be more firey, foreground cold...creating the title "Fire and Ice". 

For you friends out there on my mailing list...he may be this year's Christmas Card :).  He was so much fun to paint!

Thank you for following my blog.

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Love him. Glad to see you're finding time to paint amongst the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patti and Karen!

    Yes...I had a power spurt by the easel to finish him yesterday. Starting a lovely dog portrait for a Christmas present....will post soon!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete