Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Art Show at the New Horizons Trading Post in Pittsboro

"Heading for Safety", 12x16, original pastel, custom wood frame with museum glass, $425.

Have you ever been to the New Horizons Trading Post in downtown Pittsboro?  I love that store...it has amazing shoes, first of all....then some great finds in women's clothing, fun jewelry, greeting cards....well, you get the idea.  I don't need much of an excuse to go.

Chatham Artists are having an art show there...I've submitted the piece above, made from a quick photo from my window of "my" deer friends.  I also submitted "Newborn Charolais Calf", a pastel made from a visit to the Farm Tour.

"Newborn Charolais Calf", 19"x23, custom triple mat & frame, original pastel, $425.

This piece would be wonderful in a child's room.  Just makes me smile.
The show will be up next week with the Reception on Saturday, September 24th from 4-6pm.  It will run through November 7th.

So why not come out and have lunch at the General Store Cafe and browse downtown, making sure to see the show and shop at New Horizons.  Makes for a great day out in this beautiful Autumn weather! 

Hope to see you at the Reception! :) Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment