Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Red Lion Amaryllis

My pastel "Red Lion Amaryllis" is now being exhibited at the Pittsboro Public Library's Chatham Artist's Guild Show to entice people to come visit me during the Tour.  


Red Lion Amaryllis, pastel, 5x7"©KimWerfel



This pastel was painted from an amaryllis blooming next to my window, backlit through curtains....giving a nice gauzy glow behind them. I rarely paint flowers, but this spoke to me.  I nurtured it for months and grew attached to these lovely blooms!


Save the dates!  I'm #24 and open the first weekend of the Chatham Artist's Guild Tour....December 6 &7, from 10am - 5pm in Fearrington Village.


Check out our website for the tour for more info a map and directions here:  http://www.chathamartistsguild.org/portfolio-item/kim-werfel/


Hope to see you there!









No comments:

Post a Comment