Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Landscapes

Most of you know me as an animal portrait painter, but recently I took a workshop with the talented Mrs. Barbara Jaenicke and have been inspired by her landscapes.

Working away on several to show at my home during the Studio Tour, they're now being framed.


"Autumn's Gold", pastel, 9x12", $300 ©KimWerfel


These landscapes are more impressionistic than my more realistic style I use for portraits.  Loosening up, softening edges and pushing color is lots of fun!  I learned much about underpainting and the importance of big shapes in Babara's workshop.

"Autumn's Gold" is being framed with a thick wood frame and protected with Ultra Vue Glass.  I love the light and working with complementary colors...especially purple and gold.

Come see me this and others on my tour in December!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim

www.kimwerfel.com




No comments:

Post a Comment