Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

"The Lookout" Wins Best Of Show!

I was thrilled that the two pastels I submitted to the 2013 NC Statewide Exhibition, were juried in and accepted.

But I am completely bowled over by having "The Lookout" win BEST OF SHOW!  
And my "Queen of Swords" win the Pastel Society of Virginia Award!


"The Lookout", pastel, 19x25", $1600 ©KimWerfel



For the best of show award I received  th78 Masterclass Assortment of Great American Pastels!  I'm trying to decide between the McDaniel, Dawson, Carducci or Markle set.  What a problem to have!

To win yet another award in the same show for "The Queen of Swords" is also quite an honor.



"Queen of Swords", pastel, 24x18", $1500 ©Kim Werfel


She's hung right at the doorway entrance of the statewide exhibition at the Hickory Art Museum.  I was so excited to see her greeting me there.

I regret that I wasn't able to take the workshop given by the Judge, Frederick Somers.  He flew in from Minnesota to judge the show, and will be judging the IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) 22nd juried exhibition next month in Albuquerque.  See his website here.

This has been quite a month for me....and next month I'm flying out to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the IAPS show....can't wait!  I'll tell you about that in another post.

Thank you for following my blog,

Kim

www.kimwerfel.com





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Kim! I am so happy for you and hope you stay up on cloud nine for a good while. What a great achievement and milestone in your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Fay! I am on cloud nine :) Hope our paths cross again someday in another workshop. Love your painting too!

    ReplyDelete